The holidays are here again. Only thing is, this year I am so not ready for the holidays. Usually by now, 95% of my shopping is done and my decorations are all up and all I have left to do is visit and bake. Not so much this year.
Where has all my time gone? I could blame it on a lot of things but mostly it has gone to silly games and bad time management. All of us like to feel rewarded and I am no exception. Work has not been very rewarding lately as every time I turn around it seems like I am being hammered yet again for something someone else didn't do. And there is only one of me despite my best efforts to find a clone buried around the house somewhere.
So I have turned to silly games for my rewards and that's not terribly smart. It has used up a lot of my time that could have gone to other things.
On the other hand, that game time has largely been spent with my family playing those silly games right along with me. So it's not entirely wasted time. Indeed, we have laughed and learned and helped each other along. Those are good things to learn how to do.
I just need to stop when they stop and do other things instead of continuing on with the quick easy feel goods and move on to the more important feel goods. Things like cleaning house and sleeping and exercising.
Because right now, I am feeling like the quintessential working spouse. I get home from work and become useless. And while he doesn't say he minds out loud, I don't think he married me so that I could be a couch potato. Indeed, it would be better for both of us if we were working together on whatever it was (even just a puzzle) than if we are creating dents in the sofa.
No comments:
Post a Comment